Organizations of all sizes are sifting through diverse data sets to make business decisions. To do this, you need a self-service business intelligence and analytics solution that lets you:
• Visually discover and explore data.
• Design and share interactive reports and dashboards.
• Use easy-to-understand analytics. SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Cloud combines powerful BI, data discovery and analytics accessed from a cloud environment so you can quickly and easily find answers to complex questions. Data is persisted and analyzed in memory so results are delivered nearly instantly.
Data visualization software that offers full-size power for any size budget.
Think you can’t afford the world’s best analytics? Now you can. From individual analysis to exploratory analytics, we support whatever size environment you require. Whether on-site or in a cloud (including the SAS Cloud), we have an option that will fit your needs. And when your business grows, we’ll grow along with you. Integrate more – and bigger – data sets. Apply more complex analytical techniques. SAS Visual Analytics will fit you now and in the future. So grow, grow, grow.
Quickly create interactive reports that are attractive and meaningful. Then easily share them via the web, mobile devices and Microsoft applications through integration with SAS® Office Analytics.
- Lack of timely information. With IT facing ever-increasing demands, decision makers often are unable to get the information they need when they need it.
- Inaccurate or inconsistent data. Information flows in from multiple sources and is probably not consistent.
- Difficulty accessing and manipulating source data. Business users spend too much time sorting, filtering and importing data into environments for analysis and formatting.
- Ineffective information sharing across the organization. Better decisions are impossible if employees do not have the ability to share analytical results.
- Over-dependence on silo spreadsheets. Multiple types of reports are maintained, with each department believing theirs is the accurate version.
- Pressure to comply with increasing regulatory requirements. Poor control over data access and manual, error-prone processes can lead to regulatory non-compliance.
The SAS® Solution
SAS Visual Analytics enables you to gain insight from all of your data, no matter the size of your data, with no need to subset or sample the data.
On the surface, SAS Visual Analytics is an integrated suite of web applications that offers intuitive, drag-and-drop interactions, rapid, highly visual responses, and role-based access to functionality.
Behind the scenes, SAS® LASR Analytic Server applies analytics to big data. The server functions as an analytic platform, providing speedy, secure, multi-user access to in-memory data in a distributed computing environment. The server also handles smaller data sets and supports an alternate, single-machine configuration.
SAS Visual Statistics has been fully integrated into SAS Visual Analytics. All model building tools are now available in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. SAS Visual Statistics enables you to derive predicted values from the predictive models. These new variables contain the prediction information for your models and can be used in other visualizations.
At the foundation, SAS Visual Analytics is built on the SAS® Intelligence Platform, which provides a robust, metadata-centric environment for a wide range of business intelligence and analysis activities.
SAS Mobile BI enables users to view SAS Visual Analytics reports on Apple iPads and iPhones or Android tablets and smartphones.
- Administrators prepare data sources and load them to memory.
- Analysts interactively explore, analyze, and interpret data.
- Report designers create compelling reports and dashboards.
- Report consumers view reports on their mobile devices (using native apps from SAS® Mobile BI) or on the web.
Why should you choose SAS Visual Analytics?
- It’s affordable and easy to set up. Get the best combination of data discovery, business intelligence and analytics when you need it.
- You can stay agile and focus on analytics. Leave the management and administration of technology and hardware to us.
- Get faster time to value and eliminate the wait. Analyze your data for all it’s worth and see opportunities from every angle – whenever you want to.
- It’s safe and secure. Feel confident knowing your data and content are secured.
No coding is required. And there are no hardware or software headaches to deal with.
- Web-based, interactive data exploration mode suits the needs of all types of users.
- Autocharting automatically chooses the graph best-suited to display the selected data.
- Geographical map views provide a quick understanding of geospatial data.
- Choropleth maps make it easy to visualize measurement variances over a geographical area.
- “What does it mean” capabilities automatically identify and explain relationships between variables.
- Exploration capabilities are available for in-memory server data sources.
- Graphical skins can be applied for 3-D appearance and light effects on visuals.
- Compelling visuals include box plots, heat maps, animated bubble charts and more.
- The toggle feature displays grid lines and lets you adjust axes to optimize viewing.
- Queries can be changed by selecting items to be displayed from a sidebar or by dynamic filtering and grouping.
- A resizable overview bar lets you visually subset a portion of data sets with many records (high cardinality).
- New forecasting capabilities help you explore data to find out what might happen in the future.
- Thumbnails of recent and favorite items can be viewed.
- In-memory server provides fast data analysis.
- Data can be easily queried from a seamless set of viewing modes.
- Multidimensional data can be sliced and diced by applying filters on any level of a hierarchy.
- Drillable hierarchies include expandable and collapsible levels.
- Viewable descriptive statistics, such as min, max and mean, provide an overall sense of a particular measure.
- New measures can be calculated and added to any view.
- Forecasts can be generated on the fly with forecasting confidence intervals included.
- The most appropriate forecasting algorithm for specific data is automatically selected.
- Scenario analysis lets you see how changes in different variables would affect forecasts.
- Graphically depict likely outcomes with interactively generated decision trees. An expert level allows you to modify certain influencing parameters for the tree generation.
- Create time-period based calculations in a single click.
- Enables custom binning and grouping (based on custom categories).
- Text analysis capabilities, including content categorization, let you analyze social media (including Facebook, Twitter and Google Analytics) and other text data.
- Network diagrams provide the ability to display networks across a map, including ESRI maps.
- Integrates with Esri mapping technology.
- Views can be saved as report packages to share with other advanced data exploration users in web reports, images or SAS mobile apps.
- Web-based, interactive report-building interface is provided for report authors.
- Data acquisition wizard is available for previewing, filtering or sampling data prior to creating visualizations or reports.
- Data can be loaded into SAS LASR Analytic Server from within the report design interface.
- Precision layout capabilities provide flexibility in report layout and design. Stack or group items, use send-to-back or bring-to-the-front capabilities, and more.
- Includes custom graph templates and mashups.
- On-the-fly hierarchies can be created to add drill-down capabilities to visualizations and reports.
- You have the ability to select predefined filters, set groupings and sorting, and override default formatting.
- Custom calculations and progressive filters are easily created.
- A variety of charts are included: bar/3-D bar with multiple lines, pie/3-D pie, line, scatter, heat map, bubble, animated bubble, and tile – all of which allow annotated reference lines to be added.
- Integration with ESRI mapping technology.
- Filtering and selection capabilities can be added to reports with easy-to-integrate common action elements such as radio buttons, drop-down/combination boxes, check boxes and sliders.
- Range-based or threshold-based alerts let people subscribe to reports and receive notices when a report changes.
- Guest mode for viewing explorations, reports and dashboards without requiring a login ID or password.
- Seamless integration with SAS Office Analytics and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office lets users open reports from their Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability for recipients to add consolidated comments to a report. Mobile users, Microsoft Office users and Web users can all share and view comments in a central location. Comments stay with the reports so everyone can see them.
- Native iPad and Android support for tablets and smartphones uses the most popular gestures and capabilities, including zoom, swipe, etc., to optimize ease of use and user engagement.
- Flexible layouts let you create content tailored to different business needs.
- Link indicators enable data brushing as defined while creating reports. A selection in one indicator is applied as a filter or selection in the related indicator(s).
- Reports can be viewed securely on mobile devices either online or offline.
- New collaboration support includes the ability to annotate, share and email reports to others.
- Screenshots can be captured and comments shared with others.
- Alerts are sent to mobile devices when reports are updated.
- Integration with third-party vendors, such as Good Technologies and Mocana, provides mobile device management.
In-memory analytic server
- Uses in-memory analytics to quickly conduct exploration and analysis.
- Designed to run in a single-server mode for smaller organizations and departments.
- Optimized for distributed environments to use the parallel processing capabilities of many nodes to scale as your organization and data grow.
- Integration with Hadoop for performance optimization and scalability.
- Can be used on commodity hardware, on database appliances or in a cloud.
- Easy-to-use web-based interface for IT administration.
- SAS information assets, including users, servers and data, are easily managed.
- Data structures are easily translated into terms everyone can understand.
- Support for star schemas within SAS LASR Analytic Server. They can then be used for reporting or exploration just like other tables.
- User authentication and information authorization supports data governance.
- Data is loaded to in-memory servers based on volume, frequency of updates and scalability needs.
- Traditional on-site deployments:
- Single server with support for Windows servers is appropriate for small to midsize organizations.
- The distributed mode is easily expandable to support growing data demands (on either database appliances or commodity hardware).
- Cloud deployments:
- Public cloud providers, including Amazon EC2 Web Services.
- Your own private cloud and/or virtualized data centers.
- The SAS Cloud.
- SAS Solutions OnDemand:
- Provides a customized experience with SAS Solutions OnDemand for private hosted cloud services.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions delivered within an integrated framework, SAS helps customers at more than 50,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS® Business Intelligence software is published by SAS Institute Inc. (www.sas.com).